- Job Search
- Environmental Lawyer
Environmental Solicitor - International firm - Birmingham - 2-6 PQE
Top ranked international law firm is seeking a Environmental Solicitor to join its market leading environment team in Birmingham which can offer exposure to a broad range of environmental and regulatory matters (both contentious and non-contentious). This opportunity is offered on either a full-time or part-time (four days per week) permanent basis with flexible working patterns considered and hybrid working as standard.
As Planning Solicitor in this team, you would:
· Offer regulatory advice, including permitting for energy and industrial installations.
· Provide nuclear regulatory advice.
· Deal with high profile projects and transactions.
· Deal with litigation and regulatory enforcement (including climate change litigation).
· Provide net zero, carbon and energy efficiency advice, including apportionment of carbon reduction costs, nature based solutions, offsetting and EU ETS and UK ETS compliance.
· Support the firm's infrastructure consenting and development planning teams, which has fantastic experience in EIA, Habitats Regulation Assessments, Water Framework Directive Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain, remediation through the planning system and delivery of low carbon solutions.
· Work as part of a national practice and as well as exposure to pure environment work, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside our leading planning lawyers.
· Clients include the Environment Agency, water companies, energy companies, waste/recycling companies and car manufacturers.
To be successful in your application for this Environmental Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
· 2-6 years' PQE in environmental or planning matters.
· A strong academic background.
· A good teamwork ethic and outgoing personality.
· Client focused approach with an interest in business development.
The successful Environmental Solicitor will be rewarded with:
· A highly competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
· Strong partner support within one of the largest dedicated environmental teams in the UK.
· Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
· Excellent training and career development opportunities.
To be considered for this Environmental Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like