- Job Search
- Construction Solicitor
Contentious Construction Solicitor - Principal Associate - leading national firm - Birmingham
A top 50 national law firm is seeking a Contentious Construction Solicitor to join its highly regarded construction team in Birmingham as a Principal Associate. This Contentious Construction Solicitor position is open to contentious construction lawyers from 7+ years' PQE and available on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible working options accommodated and hybrid working as standard. Excellent salary and wider benefits package. Positive culture and working environment.
As a Contentious Construction Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a leading national team which can offer the very best in contentious construction work.
- Advise clients (employers, contractors and professionals) in connection with high value and complex construction and engineering claims and disputes.
- Have a good working knowledge of the standard forms of construction and engineering contracts and the ability to analyse and interpret bespoke terms.
- Be able to develop new business and train and supervise junior team members.
To be successful in your application for this Construction Solicitor vacancy, you will:
- Have a minimum of 7 yeas' PQE in contentious construction either from private practice or in-house. Those with mixed contentious/non-contentious backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
- Possess strong technical drafting and litigation skills.
- Have the ability to develop strong client relationships.
- Have a collaborative teamwork ethic.
- Have the ability to motivate, train and supervise junior colleagues.
The successful Construction Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (including enhanced maternity/paternity pay).
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of construction disputes.
- If you are applying for a more senior role you will be given the autonomy to lead on client work and supervise junior members of the team.
- The firm commits to providing support and development opportunities so you can fulfil your potential.
To be considered for this Contentious Construction Solicitor position, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like