- Job Search
- Commercial Lawyer
Commercial Solicitor - 2-4 PQE - National firm - Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Commercial Solicitor at the 2-4 years' PQE level at a national firm in Birmingham. With no fee earning targets or hierarchy, quick and efficient local decision making and a culture of positivity and transparency this is a great platform for the right Commercial Solicitor to progress their career!
· An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Solicitor to join a national firm and support an established commercial practice in Birmingham. This is a business which is financially healthy and has seen stellar growth over the past few years. The firm's strong organic growth combined with high quality and high profile acquisitions has strengthened its position in its current markets and having recently relocated to brand new state of the art offices in Birmingham, they are ready to fulfil their ambitions of becoming the UK's leading legal and professional services business outside of London.
· This opportunity may suit a Commercial Solicitor frustrated at their current firm and considering whether the traditional model is the best one for them. If you have the desire to work in a different way; looking to move past the usual model of fee targets, hierarchy, titles, excessive process and overhead then this could the ideal opportunity where you will be rewarded with both a fulfilling career, highly competitive salary and a healthy work life balance.
· Across a large network of offices the firm's commercial team advise on all aspects of commercial law.
· With clients both nationally and in the Midlands, there is a huge opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join the Birmingham team and further develop a specialism across a broad spectrum of commercial matters.
The level of involvement and responsibility will depend on the experience of the successful applicant, however the role will include working for a broad range of clients across many different sectors on:
· Alliances and collaborations
· E-commerce and online contracts
· Franchising and licensing
· Intellectual property assignment, exploitation, partnering and licensing
· IT and software contracts
· Leasing and rental
· New technologies and AI
· Public procurement
· Sales, agency and distribution agreements
The successful Commercial Solicitor will have:
· Good experience of working on a broad range of commercial matters to include general commercial contracts, tech or IP.
· An entrepreneurial spirit and good sense of humour.
· Ambition and a genuine enthusiasm to contribute in an instrumental way to the future growth of the practice.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with:
· A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
· A more collaborative, client centred and ego-free environment where colleagues are encouraged to work together, not only across teams but across offices. This approach ensures that client care and commitment are at the forefront of the firm's service model whilst also allowing lawyers at the firm to work without billing targets and where they are encouraged to have interests outside of work for a good work/life balance.
· The opportunity to work with like minded colleagues across the firm who are experts in their respective fields.
If you're a Commercial Solicitor tired of the traditional private practice model and you're looking for an ambitious firm with a very viable and attractive alternative, this is a unique opportunity not to be missed.
For a highly confidential discussion about your career and this Commercial Solicitor opportunity, please apply now or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like