- Job Search
- Corporate Lawyer
Corporate Lawyer 5+ PQE - Birmingham
BCL Legal is delighted to be assisting a leading accountancy practice to grow their corporate offering in Birmingham as part of a continued growth strategy for the firms' wider national corporate team. Technological innovations are fundamentally transforming the legal market and this firm is going to be at the forefront of what will be the future of law so this is an opportune time to get in early! This role offers an exciting opportunity for an ambitious corporate lawyer within a business with a sensible approach to working hours and an appreciation for the wider role of a corporate lawyer outside of fee earning in the traditional sense.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a 5+ years' qualified corporate lawyer to join the Birmingham office of a leading global accountancy practice. This is a chance for an ambitious and forward thinking corporate lawyer looking for a new challenge to play a pivotal role in the growth of this legal services offering. Embedded within the supportive environment of the established Birmingham tax team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for FTSE listed clients across a range of sectors and become a key point of contact for the delivery of legal work.
This is a varied role which will see the successful lawyer working alongside tax and other professional specialists to provide collaborative and holistic advice on a range of business matters.
The successful corporate lawyer will be involved in:
· debt reorganisation;
· private equity;
· corporate governance.
In contrast to other private practice roles you will be involved in projects from the outset as part of a multi-disciplinary team, meaning you will work much more proactively and have scope to develop strong working relationships with tax colleagues and FTSE listed clients. Moreover, few roles in the sector offer the exposure to such a wide variety of work and with the opportunities to progress, in such a small team, are second to none!
Required Key Skills:
Corporate lawyer 5+ PQE and the aspiration to be part of a highly efficient legal services team as part of a multi-disciplinary practice. In particular our client would like to speak to candidates with the following qualities and experience:
· strong corporate experience to include: M&A, private capital, intra-group transactions and reorganisation work;
· a lawyer skilled at analysing and managing legal and commercial risk;
· the ability to foster relationships with clients and third parties and an entrepreneurial nature;
· a genuine desire to help deliver innovative legal solutions within a tech driven business and an appreciation for the future of legal services.
- The opportunity to join a relatively new Legal Services team in Birmingham with a clear path for career progression at a Big 4 Accountancy practice.
- Top quality work for FTSE listed clients.
- Autonomy, agile working and flexibility.
- Hybrid working policy
- Being part of a firm that lives and breathes it's values and strives to create a positive working environment and culture.
- Being at the forefront of the changes that are happening in the legal market at a firm that invests in advanced tech; AI, robotics.
- Market leading salary and extremely comprehensive benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren at BCL Legal to arrange a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like