- Job Search
- Construction Disputes Solicitor
Construction Disputes Solicitor (6+ PQE) - market leading firm - Birmingham
A Construction Disputes Solicitor with a minimum of six years' PQE is sought by the Birmingham office of a market leading law firm. This is an opportunity to join a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that works on a range of high value, complex instructions including adjudications, enforcements, complex PFI disputes and fire safety matters as a panel firm for clients across the local and central government, health and social care and housing sectors as well as for a growing client base of private sector clients throughout the UK and with international reach. The hire is expected to be at the Senior Associate level. The firm is happy to consider candidates who are looking to work flexibly long term and have a very open policy on hybrid working.
As a Solicitor in the Birmingham office of this award winning Construction team, your role would involve:
· Advising and acting for clients (employers, contractors and professionals) in connection with national and international construction and engineering claims and disputes.
· High Court proceedings, international arbitration, adjudication, proceedings in the TCC, mediation, expert determination and some advisory work.
· Leading on complex disputes and helping to manage and support the team.
To be successful in your application for this Construction Solicitor position, you will:
· Be an experienced contentious construction solicitor with a minimum of six years' PQE.
· Candidates with mixed contentious/non-contentious experience are also encouraged to apply if the preference is for contentious work.
· Have PFI dispute experience (desirable but by no means essential).
· Be driven and passionate about construction law with the ability to think creatively.
· Be a good team player.
· Be interested in maintaining strong client relationships and developing new relationships as well as increasing the team's market profile in the Midlands.
The successful Construction Solicitor will be rewarded with:
· The opportunity to work in a non-hierarchical team focussed environment within a top local government practice that has a solid commitment to social responsibility as well as a growing and significant private client base.
· The opportunity to be part of a team where your contribution is measured not only through the chargeable hours you record but in your wider contribution to the firm and to society.
· Access to multi million pound construction disputes.
· Support and encouragement to progress both your technical and soft skills.
· A highly competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
· State of the art offices but no set requirement to be in the office on particular days meaning that you can plan your week around you, the team and client demands.
If you would like to apply for this Construction Disputes Solicitor position in Birmingham, please apply with an up to date CV or for a confidential chat please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like