- Job Search
- Commercial Energy Legal Director
An exciting opportunity at a leading national firm for a senior level commercial or regulatory lawyer (c. 6+ PQE) with a specialism in energy, utilities/water work, to join a team nationally regarded as experts in these fields as a Legal Director.
This Commercial Energy position is open to applicants nationally however travel to London or Birmingham will be required on a weekly basis.
As a Commercial Energy Lawyer in this team, your responsibilities would include:
· Advising a range of clients including major utility companies in the water, gas and electricity sectors, as well as developers and funders of energy (including low carbon and renewable energy infrastructure projects such as wind, solar, battery and biomass, and electric vehicles).
· Undertaking project management of cross-disciplinary teams of lawyers from across the firm working on energy projects.
· Advising on relevant European law affecting the energy sector including the EU Network Codes, REMIT and aspects of MIFID II and EMIR.
· Advising on EU and UK law policy in areas related to climate change including emissions trading, energy efficiency and renewables support schemes.
· Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts (often high value) with an energy context.
· Advising on regulatory matters related to Ofgem/Ofwat and associated licensing issues.
· Advising on related procurement and state aid issues.
· Assisting on tender pitches and business development opportunities.
· If your practice is water based then this is an excellent opportunity to join the team and take the lead of a water sub-team.
To be successful in your application for this Commercial Energy Legal Director position, you will have:
· A minimum of six years' PQE as a Commercial or Regulatory Solicitor within the energy/utilities/water sector.
· A good grasp of project finance concepts and an appreciation of land law issues associated with infrastructure projects.
· Strong team working skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience from a large regional, national, international or City firm or otherwise be coming from in-house background in a related sector.
· The ability to supervise, develop, motivate and mentor junior lawyers.
· The ambition and passion for this area of law to help an already highly successful and well regarded team with continued expansion.
The Commercial Energy Director will be rewarded with a very competitive package including:
· A competitive salary ad benefits package.
· A supportive, collaborative and dynamic working environment which seeks to attract original thinkers.
· Hybrid working.
· Opportunities for travel.
· Healthy work/life balance.
If you would like to be considered for this Commercial Energy Legal Director position, please apply here or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal to arrange a confidential chat.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like