- Job Search
- ConstructionSenior Associate
17th November 2023
Construction Solicitor (non-contentious) - Senior Associate - National firm - Birmingham
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced construction solicitor with a minimum of four years' post qualification experience to join the Birmingham office of a large national construction team. The role will involve providing a broad range of non-contentious construction and commercial advice to clients including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, and funding institutions.
As a Construction Solicitor in this team, your responsibilities will include:
* Working on a wide range of construction projects from inception through to completion including infrastructure projects, commercial/residential schemes, town centre redevelopments, urban regeneration schemes and portfolio acquisition/disposal projects.
* Working for clients including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, and funding institutions.
* Providing construction due diligence support to the real estate, corporate and banking teams on acquisitions and disposals.
* Helping to build and maintain strong client relationships.
To be successful in your application for this Construction Solicitor position, you will have:
* Solid technical and drafting skills, gained from a highly regarded regional, national or international firm or otherwise from an in-house environment.
* Ideally 4+ years' PQE (no maximum PQE level).
* Experience advising on a mix of development/infrastructure projects, real estate and corporate acquisition work.
* A good understanding of the standard forms of construction contracts (JCT, NEC) and associated documentation.
* Ideally a non-contentious focus but applications will be considered from those with a mixed contentious/non-contentious construction background.
* A strong academic profile, ideally 2.1 at degree level.
* Team player with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
The Construction Solicitor will be rewarded with an excellent package including:
* Highly competitive salary and an attractive wider benefits package.
* Supportive and collegiate team/firm environment.
* A flexible working environment where different working patterns and part-time hours will be considered.
Or for a confidential discussion regarding this Construction Solicitor opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like