- Job Search
- In-house Commercial Contracts Lawyer
10th November 2023
In-house Commercial Contracts Lawyer - 2-5 PQE - Birmingham or remote based
Commercial Contracts Lawyer required to work in-house at a leading international law firm in Birmingham city centre. This is a non-fee earning position and therefore no requirement to time record or be client facing. The opportunity would suit a junior to mid level commercial lawyer who is keen to work in-house but within the structure of a leading law firm. This role offers a high degree of flexibility; full or part-time and hybrid or fully remote working considered. Close knit and supportive team.
· Assisting to manage the compliance, legal, reputational and commercial risks associated with client engagement terms, client pitches and audits and amendments to the firm's standard terms.
· Reviewing a range of client-facing commercial contracts and delivering risk-sensitive advice, proportionate to local regulatory, cultural and practice needs.
· Delivering advice to the firm on a range of contractual issues.
· Supporting with management and co-ordination of client audits.
· Assisting with administering an effective global compliance policy to identify and manage client contract risk.
· Helping to co-ordinate periodic audits and training in relation to client terms compliance.
· Assisting with maintaining an accurate and up-to-date client terms portal.
· Helping to maintain and update the firm's own standard terms of business and letters of engagement to manage compliance, legal and commercial risks globally.
· Responding to general risk queries from the business.
· Qualified Solicitor with 2-5 years' PQE.
· Good commercial contracts experience.
· Ideally some risk/compliance experience but not essential.
· Excellent written/oral and communication skills.
· Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
· You will be joining an international business that can offer quality work in a highly supportive environment.
· Flexible working patterns considered and hybrid working as standard. Fully remote working also an option.
For a confidential discussion regarding this In-house Commercial Contracts Lawyer opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like