- Job Search
- Public & Health Sector Advisory Lawyer
Public law and healthcare Advisory Lawyer - 2-8 PQE - National Firm - Birmingham - full or part-time (4 days)
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Public Law team in Birmingham with the addition of a lawyer experienced solicitor at the 2-8 years' PQE level. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Public Advisory Lawyer within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing quickly and acts for a good selection of clients across the public and healthcare sectors. Work includes high profile and cutting edge projects of national significance. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis with a flexible approach to hybrid working.
As an Advisory Lawyer at this firm, you would:
· Work at the forefront of NHS public law, advising on commissioning responsibilities, powers, duties and decision-making/governance.
· Be involved with responsible commissioner issues, S117 aftercare, NHS Continuing Healthcare and Personal Health Budgets.
· Act on Care Act duties/responsibilities and NHS/social care commissioning policies.
· Advise a number of clients/local health and social care systems on commissioning and partnership arrangements.
· Focus on advisory work with an opportunity to get involved with some contractual work, including Section 75 partnership agreements and primary care contracting.
The successful Advisory Lawyer will:
· Have 2-8 years' PQE.
· Ideally have experience of advising health bodies or other public sector organisations, whether in-house or in private practice.
· Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
· Be keen to have high levels of client contact.
The successful Advisory Lawyer will be rewarded with:
· A competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
· The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
· Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
· No specific 'anchor' days - flexibility to work where/how you feel suits you best.
· Training and development by senior members of the team in a supportive environment.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Advisory (Public Sector & Health) Lawyer opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like