- Job Search
- Construction (contentious and non-contentious) Solicitor
Construction (contentious and non-contentious) Solicitor
A fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified to two year qualified solicitor to join the Birmingham office of a large national firm focusing on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious construction advice for clients on large scale projects and disputes. Excellent working environment which offers flexibility and a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The Role will involve:
* Construction and engineering disputes of differing sizes and complexity involving litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation.
* Transactional construction work from reviewing consultants' appointments and collateral warranties to drafting, negotiating and preparing the full suite of construction agreements required to deliver schemes and projects.
* Acting for major employers and developers as well as national and international banks.
* Helping to build and maintain strong client relationships.
Requirements of the successful Construction (contentious and non-contentious) Solicitor:
* At least a 6 month dedicated seat in construction (either contentious or non-contentious) and/or post qualification experience in construction. Candidates coming from insurance backgrounds will be also be considered if there is demonstrable construction dispute related experience.
* Solid technical and drafting skills, ideally gained from a highly regarded regional, national or international firm.
* A strong academic profile, ideally 2.1 at degree level.
* Team player with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* A clear interest in and enthusiasm for construction.
* Highly competitive salary plus bonus and an attractive benefits package.
* High quality work in a supportive environment where you will gain access to excellent training and development.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in the role of Construction (contentious and non-contentious) Solicitor, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018