- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
An exciting opportunity for an experienced commercial solicitor to head up a specific team within a private practice law firm in Birmingham which offers commercial support to in-house legal teams. This role is suited to someone entrepreneurial with a flair for business development and a natural ability to lead and motivate others. Candidates with private practice or in-house backgrounds welcomed. Flexible working patterns and part-time hours can be accommodated.
BCL Legal is pleased to be working alongside this leading national firm in its recruitment of a commercial solicitor with a minimum of six years' post qualification experience to join its busy commercial (in-house services) team in Birmingham in a managerial capacity.
* Working in a collaborative team environment you will drive relationships with a diverse client base including FTSE 100 PLCs, global household name clients, SMEs and start-ups and manage an experienced team of junior fee earners.
* An alternative option to a traditional fee earning role for an accomplished commercial solicitor.
* An instrumental position heading up the firms dedicated in-house resource team which provides legal support to in-house legal teams nationwide.
* Work will be domestic and international in nature and sector focus will include telecoms, manufacturing, retail, advertising, media and IT.
* A minimum of six years' experience in commercial contracts and ideally IP/IT and/or data protection.
* An interest in marketing and business development.
* An ability to lead and inspire a team of fee earners.
* Experience of acting as a trusted advisor for major clients.
* Drive, enthusiasm and ambition.
* The firm offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
* Inclusive and supportive working environment.
* The opportunity to grow and develop what is a relatively new offering from the firm to its clients.
If you would like more information on this commercial solicitor role, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal. Angharad specialises in the placement of solicitors into Birmingham's leading commercial firms.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018