- Job Search
- Planning Solicitor
Planning Solicitor - Birmingham
A leading national law firm is seeking an ambitious junior to mid-level Planning Solicitor to join the Real Estate department in Birmingham. The Real Estate planning team are one of the largest in the country and are Legal 500 and Chambers ranked as heavyweights in the field. The successful candidate will have exposure to a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters, with exposure to quality clients.
The planning team work on cases in all areas of planning law, and act for commercial and residential developers as well as landowners and local authorities. They specialise in planning appeals and inquiries, highways issues, section 106 agreements and section 278 agreements, judicial reviews and statutory challenges and advising clients on Community Infrastructure Levy, Compulsory Purchase Orders and Development Consent Orders.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team on a mixture of straightforward and complex matters whilst building up your own caseload. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and handling enquiries efficiently within agreed time scales and strict deadlines. You will also be required to build new business relationships and develop and maintain current client relationships.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified Planning Solicitor with up to five years' PQE
- Previous experience in a wide range of legal planning matters or relevant exposure to this area during your training
- Excellent technical skills with a good knowledge of legal planning
- Good organisational and file management skills
- Strong IT skills
- Naturally adept at communicating and willing to contribute to the development of the business through networking events and marketing
- Ambitious and enthusiastic about this area of law
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and progressive firm
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018