- Job Search
- Construction Solicitor
Construction - Solicitor (Senior Associate) - Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate level Construction Solicitor to join a highly regarded national firm and construction team in Birmingham. Excellent quality non-contentious construction work and swift progression through the ranks with a clear path towards partnership.
This is a national law firm with long-standing relationships with an impressive range of clients. The firm's construction team has grown significantly over the course of the past few years and they are now looking to recruit a solicitor with at least five years' non-contentious construction experience in a Senior Associate capacity.
This position will involve servicing current work and also developing new revenue streams for the construction team. There are excellent opportunities for the right candidate to develop their own networks and business, including an opportunity to build a case for partnership. Work will include:
- Providing advice regarding all aspects of national non-contentious building, construction and engineering work.
- Acting for clients across the construction industry, including employers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Marketing and networking, both internally and externally, including providing seminars, lectures and workshops to clients / colleagues and writing bulletins / articles / blogs.
The successful Construction Solicitor will have:
- A good understanding of national standard forms (including JCT, NEC and ICE) and experience of preparing and advising upon all associated documentation including collateral warranties, duty of care agreements, performance bonds and guarantees.
- A strong academic background with experience predominantly in non-contentious construction. Some contentious construction experience would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Commercial awareness with a common sense approach to problem solving.
- The ability to provide and communicate practical, commercial advice in a straightforward manner, assimilating facts quickly and working within tight timescales.
- A willingness to attend marketing and social events outside of core working hours.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Dynamic and exciting environment with a supportive and friendly culture.
- A clear commitment to development and progression through the ranks towards partnership.
For a confidential discussion regarding this Construction Senior Associate position, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018