- Job Search
- Risk and Compliance Solicitor
Risk and Compliance Solicitor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a highly regarded national firm who are seeking an experienced Risk and Compliance Solicitor to join their Risk and Compliance team in Birmingham. The firm work with clients in both the private and public sectors including blue chip companies, SMEs, NHS trusts, public and education sector organisations and insurance companies.
This is a broad and varied role, covering all aspects of compliance and risk related matters. Working alongside the Head of Risk and Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that any compliance and professional risks are identified and managed and evaluating how compliant the firm is in line with the SRA regulation and other legislative bodies.
You will be a point of contact for colleagues and staff seeking advice on compliance matters, and provide support and training to develop consistent and up to date risk awareness and knowledge throughout the firm.
You will also assist the Risk and Compliance Manager in specific investigations, preparing reports and reviewing compliance policies and procedures in addition to managing the firms' compliance and quality accreditations.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified solicitor with significant experience of working in a legal practice environment
- Previous experience of managing compliance and risk procedures within a legal setting
- Sound, detailed and up to date knowledge of the regulatory framework including SRA Code of Conduct and SRA Accounts
- Technically excellent with the ability to identify, analyse and gauge the impact of legislative and regulatory changes to the firm
- Excellent communication skills and able to give succinct advice
- Strong IT skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package
If you are an experienced Risk and Compliance Solicitor who can hit the ground running, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018