- Job Search
- Intellectual Property Solicitor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious IP Associate to join a leading Intellectual Property team at an international law firm in Birmingham. Applications are sought from those from the newly qualified level through to those with five years' PQE. If you are looking for high quality work advising an impressive base of multi-national clients with flexible working available this could be the ideal role for you.
This highly skilled Intellectual Property team assist with a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters from multi-million pound disputes and deals to cost-capped litigation cases. Their clients encompass a variety of sectors including technology, pharmaceuticals, automotive and consumer goods.
The successful candidate will be managing a mixed caseload of straightforward matters and assisting senior colleagues with complex, high value cases. Key tasks will include:
* Drafting and negotiating contracts across joint ventures, collaborations, international trade, complex outsourcing, supply agreements and partnership agreements
* Creating new brands and technology and registration of new IP;
* Advising on brand protection and exploitation;
* Preventing abuse and copying of IP by third parties.
The ideal candidate:
* An IP specialist with between one to five years' PQE or a newly qualified solicitor with an IP seat for a minimum of 6 months at a reputable firm during their training contract
* Strong academic background
* Good understanding of and genuine interest in technical subject matter
* A scientific qualification would be advantageous but not essential
If you're interested in the role of IP Associate, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com).
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018