- Job Search
- Real Estate Solicitor
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) does remarkable things on behalf of remarkable clients. They exist to improve lives, communities and society by working with clients who share their values to help improve the lives of their customers, clients and stakeholders.
For over 40 years, they have pursued their social purpose through the work they do and how they do it. They are nationally recognised across the specialist sectors where they work (Housing; Local Government; Health & Social Care; Charities; Social Business; Education and legal services for individuals). This can also be seen in producing their first Social Impact Report in February 2019 to help them become a more distinctive law firm.
In 2017/18, ACS recorded its record level of turnover, with revenues posted at £19.5 million and profits up by 32%. ACS was named 'Law Firm of the Year' at the Birmingham Law Society Awards in 2018 and 2019 and also won 'Law Firm of the Year' at the Modern Law Awards in January 2019.
The firm's new Manchester office opened in January 2019 and complements the main Birmingham HQ which combined employs 29 partners and over 300 staff. The new office allows ACS to establish itself further in the North West region - an area of extreme growth for the business.
The business has already built strong social purpose-led links across the North West. Recent highlights include the provision of legal support on Greater Manchester's Social Impact Bond, helping to launch a £1.8 million fund to counter homelessness across the region and the appointment as sole legal surgery providers to Co-operatives UK.
About the Real Estate Solicitor roles
ACS has a number of exciting Real Estate Solicitor roles at all levels within its rapidly growing property team. The team provides specialist advice to clients in the following sectors: Housing, Local Government, Charities and Education.
A lot of its property clients find themselves in a rapidly changing world, competing in a highly commercial environment. Many are large, complex organisations dealing with highly structured, multi-million pound transactions and projects with sophisticated funding arrangements that require new and innovative ways of thinking to the legal challenges they face.
The firm doesn't act for just anybody. It acts for those who view the world like they do: to make a difference. This extends to its own people; the firm is looking for Real Estate Solicitors who share its values and aspirations and want to make a difference too.
Birmingham or Manchester
Who ACS is looking for?
· Real Estate Solicitors with experience in development work from the newly qualified level through to those with approximately eight years' post qualification experience
· Real Estate Solicitors with experience in other areas of real estate who are looking to forge a career in property development work
· Keenness and desire to work within the firm's specialist sectors
· An ability to influence through a commercial and pragmatic approach
· An ability to build and maintain strong relationships
· Enthusiasm and a willingness to understand the world from the client perspective
· A desire to help grow and strengthen the firm's highly-regarded team and assist in serving its clients in innovative ways
What's on offer?
· Competitive salary
· Rewarding and meaningful opportunities for development
· Excellent quality work
· An opportunity to build and expand on the role over time
· A pleasant working environment and an appreciation of the need for a balance between work and home life
Join a leading UK law firm in making its difference.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018