- Job Search
- Construction / Projects Solicitor
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced non-contentious construction / projects solicitor to join the growing Birmingham office of a large national projects and construction practice. The role will involve providing a broad range of construction and commercial advice for clients on large scale infrastructure projects through to national housing developments and spans both the local, national and international markets. You will also play a role in the training and supervision of junior members of the team as well as a key role in business development and the further growth of the team in Birmingham.
Projects and Construction (non-contentious) Solicitor
The Role will involve:
* Advising clients including UK and international developers, investors, local, central government departments, employers, housing associations, subcontractors and consultants operating in the public and private sectors.
* Advising on construction and procurement strategies (including EU procurement work).
* Advising major contractors, architects and other consultants on their role in various projects including PFI/PPP projects.
* Advising on all aspects of development through design and construction.
* Advising on asset management contracts and maintenance contracts.
* Providing construction due diligence support to the real estate, corporate and banking teams on acquisitions and disposals.
* Helping to build and maintain strong client relationships taking active participation in marketing initiatives.
* Training and supervising junior members of the team.
Candidate requirements of the successful Projects / Construction Solicitor:
* At least two years' good quality PQE (no upper limit) in non-contentious construction / projects.
* Solid technical and drafting skills, ideally gained from a highly regarded regional, national or international firm.
* Team player with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* Ability to manage matters independently and delegate as appropriate.
* Drive and enthusiasm.
* Ability to train and mentor juniors.
* Market leading salary plus bonus and an attractive benefits package.
* High quality work in a supportive environment with plenty of scope to progress your career quickly.
For a confidential discussion regarding this Construction Solicitor opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018