- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Contracts Solicitor (1-2 PQE) to join the risk and compliance team of an international law firm working as part of the firm's internal legal team. This opportunity offers excellent training and progression as you would expect from private practice but with the many benefits of an in-house role and environment. Flexible working patterns accommodated.
The firm's risk and compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with the firm's professional and regulatory obligations, managing the firm's risk, claims and complaints. Within this team there are lawyers with specific areas of responsibility and this particular role is to work with the senior risk lawyer in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of engagement terms with clients, including JV arrangements and consortia arrangements with other service professionals. You will also be involved in drafting new risk policies and procedures as well as maintaining the firm's suite of pro forma engagement documentation and drafting new precedents including non-reliance letters, non-disclosure agreements, letters of instruction to third parties and engagement documentation for new offices.
The successful Commercial Contracts Solicitor will be:
- 1-2 PQE in either commercial or corporate law (more junior candidates will be considered if strong commercial contracts experience can be demonstrated)
- Some data protection experience would be useful but can be taught
- Excellent technical and drafting skills (commensurate with level of PQE)
- Strong academic profile
- Team player and excellent communicator capable of working with colleagues from different business functions across the firm and with senior managers
* The opportunity to work in a supportive and friendly team which can offer top quality training to ensure that your technical skills are thoroughly developed during the early years of your career
* Highly competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
* In-house (non fee earning role) but within the stable structure of a leading private practice law firm
If you're interested in the role of Commercial Contracts Solicitor, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018