- Job Search
- Senior IP Solicitor
Intellectual Property/Data Protection Solicitor (4-8 PQE)
IP / Data Protection Solicitor. A leading international firm is looking for an experienced Intellectual Property and/or Data Protection Solicitor with between four and eight years' post qualification experience to join its leading IP team in Birmingham city centre helping to serve its loyal base of high calibre clients. Fantastic quality work, excellent development and progression programme and flexible working patterns including a good degree of remote working accommodated.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced solicitor to progress their career within IP and data protection at a leading international firm. This experienced team is one of the largest in the UK advising a wide range of blue chip technology, manufacturing, life sciences, energy, retail companies, universities and other public sector bodes on all aspects of the exploitation and enforcement of their intellectual property rights. This includes advising clients on managing their intellectual property and optimising their returns and investment. It also includes advising on potential collaborations with third parties and on the IP aspects of the sale or purchase of businesses.
The focus for this role is on transactional IP work as well as associated and stand alone data protection work. The specific role can be tailored around candidate experience and preference.
Many of the matters which the team handle include an international element and there is plenty of opportunity for travel within the position.
* Advising on a wide range of non-contentious IP and data protection matters including:
- R&D agreements
- joint ventures
- corporate transactional support
- advisory work
* A minimum of four years' PQE in IP and/or data protection/freedom of information matters
* Keen networker and able to manage and develop client relationships
* Able to train, mentor and help to supervise junior members of the team
* Highly competitive salary and attractive benefits package
* A busy, friendly and dynamic team in which every team member is encouraged to make his or her own mark and where you are able to pursue an interest in specific chosen sectors
* Clear path for career progression
* The opportunity to work flexibly including a good degree of remote working and part-time options
For a confidential discussion regarding this Senior IP / Data Protection Solicitor opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018