- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
Commercial Lawyer/Manager 5+ PQE - large international organisation - Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to become a trusted adviser and Manager within an international business based in Birmingham. You'll work as part of a large in-house legal team across the country with exposure to commercial contracts, IP, IT, data protection, corporate and compliance matters. The successful candidate will have access to the broad range of training and developmental opportunities within a defined career structure.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be tasked with managing a varied workload of legal matters for the business. Your role would be to become a trusted adviser to business leaders and you would spend time in the practice alongside client facing teams to really understand business needs. Specific work may include:
- Advising on and negotiating a wide range of contracts with clients or to establish joint business relationships for the delivery of business' products and services.
- Advising on alliance agreements (experience with agreements with technology partners, including reseller and subcontracting arrangements would be an advantage).
- Advising on IP and DP aspects of any given deal.
- Advising on complex engagements.
- Advising on post-contract matters.
- Creating new precedent agreements and guidance notes for use throughout the business.
- Working on collaborations with the wider business network on cross border deals including Global Framework Agreements and Master Services Agreements.
- Advising on acquisitions, new business set ups, deal structures and joint ventures.
- Driving other commercial work and projects across the business.
This commercial team works across the whole UK business, often work has an international dimension. As well as being part of the team locally in Birmingham you will also work closely with colleagues in other offices nationally.
The successful Commercial Lawyer/Manager:
- The team is looking for a Commercial Solicitor with at least 5 years' PQE.
- Those with experience from private practice or from another in-house environment will be considered.
- You will have excellent communication skills, the ability to build strong relationships and the capability to influence negotiations in an innovative business environment.
- You will have broad commercial experience ideally encompassing IT, IP and data protection. An added advantage would be corporate experience.
- You will have the ability to gain a full appreciation of the wider reputational, commercial and business aspects of each deal.
If you're interested in this Commercial Lawyer/Manager role, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal or apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018