- Job Search
- Construction Solicitor
19th September 2019
An opportunity for a Construction Solicitor (non-contentious) has arisen at one of Birmingham's leading law firms. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior (NQ-2PQE) Construction Solicitor to join a highly regarded construction team with a national client base and to work on a varied caseload of non-contentious construction and procurement matters. Highly supportive working environment, exposure to fantastic quality work and a high level of client contact from the outset.
As a Construction / Procurement Solicitor with this highly rated team, your responsibilities will include:
* Providing a broad range of construction, commercial and procurement advice across the housing, local government, social business and charity sectors.
* Assisting on high value construction and procurement matters including new-build housing joint ventures, large scale regeneration projects, long-term repairs and maintenance contracts, complex and high value highways maintenance agreements and new-build headquarters.
* Supporting the wider team on contentious construction matters (if desired).
* Helping to build and maintain strong client relationships.
The firm wishes to appoint a junior Construction Solicitor with:
* Solid technical and drafting skills, ideally gained from a highly regarded regional, national or international firm.
* A strong academic profile, ideally 2.1 at degree level and LPC Commendation.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
* A clear enthusiasm for construction and procurement work.
* Some experience of a construction or procurement nature but more importantly a real desire to forge a career in this area of law (candidates with real estate experience and no direct construction exposure, will also be considered if a genuine enthusiasm can be demonstrated).
The successful Construction Solicitor will be rewarded with:
* A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
* Excellent quality work in a highly supportive working environment where you will gain access to the best training from partners regarded as leaders in the field.
* A flexible working environment and the option to work remotely at times.
* Meaningful opportunities for longer term development and progression.
If you would like to apply for this Construction Solicitor opportunity please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Angharad Warren (email@example.com) at BCL Legal. Angharad would also welcome a call for a confidential discussion about your career if this role isn't quite right.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018