- Job Search
- Residential Development Solicitor / Legal Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive to join a leading national firm in Birmingham specialising in Residential Development matters with a particular emphasis on site set-up work.
* Advising the client during the site set-up process on any legal or technical issues which will impact upon sales and attending site set-up meetings with each client, their technical and sales staff and managing agents (where appropriate) to discuss the detail of each new site and a timetable for producing the plot sales documentation.
* Drafting sales documentation including the draft contracts, transfers, leases and the Preliminary Information Sheets to be issued to plot purchaser's solicitors and reviewing and updating the documentation during the sales process.
* Updating and reviewing the precedents used by the plot sales team to accommodate changes in legislation or required by the Consumer Code for House Builders
* Using the plot team's case management system to upload the sales documentation for use by the plot team and undertaking handover meetings with the Plot Conveyancer so that he/she understands the development and any issues which may hinder sales.
* Dealing with routine conveyancing transactions including deeds of easement, transfers of substations, public open space and negotiating infrastructure agreements required in connection with each site.
* Being available to answer technical and client procedure queries from the rest of the team and generally trouble shooting queries from clients.
* Instructing the Corporate Department with regard to the incorporation of any Management Company required in connection with each new development.
* Seeking the approval of the Land Registry to the Plot Plans and Plot Documents and negotiating any amendments with the client and the Land Registry to ensure that they are approved prior to the sale of any plot.
* Negotiating and completing management agreements with professional managing agents appointed to manage the development schemes and liaising with the managing agents to agree a procedure for the payment of service charge on completion of any plot sales if such procedure is not in place.
The successful Residential Development Solicitor/Legal Executive:
- Applications will be considered from Legal Executives or NQ+ Solicitors with experience in site set-up on new build schemes with a particular emphasis on the private residential development housing sector.
- Experience of handling a high number of your own files and of dealing with clients first hand, performing to clients' service level agreements and managing their expectations is necessary.
- You will need to be highly organised and efficient and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- A highly competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- Flexible working options including part-time, job share, condensed hours, remote working.
- A supportive and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested in this Residential Development Solicitor/Legal Executive position, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018