- Job Search
- Real Estate Partner
£80,000 - 300,000
23rd October 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Real Estate Partner in Birmingham.
With no fee targets or hierarchy. Quick and efficient local decision making. A culture of positivity and transparency this is a great platform for the right Real Estate Partner to take their career to the next level in Birmingham!
An opportunity has arisen for a Real Estate Partner (or team) to join a national firm to establish a Birmingham presence. This is a business which is financially healthy and has seen stellar growth revenue increasing by more than 50% last year with a doubling of pre tax profits. The firm's strong organic growth combined with high quality and high profile acquisitions has strengthened its position in its current markets and sees the firm primed to enter the Birmingham market with ambitions of becoming the leading legal and professional services business outside of London.
This is an opportunity which may suit an existing Real Estate Partner or Legal Director frustrated in their current firm or considering whether the partnership model at their firm is the best one for them. If you have the desire to work in a different way; looking to move past the usual model of fee targets, hierarchy, titles, excessive process and overhead then this could the ideal opportunity where you will be rewarded with both a fulfilling career, highly competitive salary and a healthy work life balance.
Across a large network of offices the firm's real estate team advise on all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and development through to asset management and disposal. They also offer expert advice in relation to large regeneration schemes and act for developers in respect of site acquisitions, development agreements and conditional contracts. The client base is extensive, including investors, retailers, commercial developers, registered providers and national housebuilders, with specialist lawyers working closely with each client to understand their needs.
With clients both nationally and in the Midlands, there is a huge opportunity for a Real Estate Partner to join the new Birmingham office with a soft landing being provided with internal referrals from day one to complement the work streams they bring.
This is a key hire in Birmingham and the successful Real Estate Partner will have:
* A strong track record of working on high quality matters in any area of real estate.
* An entrepreneurial spirit and good sense of humour.
* Contacts and a genuine enthusiasm to develop a practice (although there is a very sensible expectation in terms of following and whilst some client following would be preferred, more important is the ability to convincingly demonstrate a well thought out strategy to build your client base and your team).
* Experience from a well regarded regional, national or international firm.
The successful Real Estate Partner will be rewarded with:
* A highly competitive salary and benefits package with guaranteed earnings and no requirement to buy-in to partnership.
* The opportunity to lead and develop a team and office with the autonomy to develop the role as you choose.
* A more collaborative, client centred and ego-free environment where colleagues are encouraged to work together as opposed to compete, not only across teams but across offices. This approach ensures that client care and commitment are at the forefront of the firm's service model whilst also allowing Partners at the firm to work without billing targets and where they are encouraged to have 'headroom' in their working day whether that be to develop business or provide support to junior team members.
* The opportunity to work with like minded colleagues across the firm who are experts in their respective fields.
If you're a Real Estate Partner or Real Estate Legal Director on the path to partnership but feel that the traditional private practice model isn't for you and you're looking for an ambitious firm with a very viable and attractive alternative, this is a unique opportunity not to be missed.
For a highly confidential discussion about your career and this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal. Angharad can be contacted on 07469152425 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018