- Job Search
- Commercial Partner
£75,000 - 150,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Commercial Lawyer at the Legal Director or Partner level in Birmingham. Dental and or healthcare experience of particular interest but not necessary.
With no fee targets or hierarchy. Quick and efficient local decision making. A culture of positivity and transparency this is a great platform for the right Commercial Legal Director/Partner to take their career to the next level in Birmingham!
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Legal Director or Partner to join a national firm and establish a commercial practice in Birmingham. This is a business which is financially healthy and has seen stellar growth revenue increasing by more than 50% last year with a doubling of pre tax profits. The firm's strong organic growth combined with high quality and high profile acquisitions has strengthened its position in its current markets and has recently entered the Birmingham market with ambitions of becoming the leading legal and professional services business outside of London.
This is an opportunity which may suit an existing Commercial Partner or Legal Director frustrated at their current firm or considering whether the partnership model at their firm is the best one for them. If you have the desire to work in a different way; looking to move past the usual model of fee targets, hierarchy, titles, excessive process and overhead then this could the ideal opportunity where you will be rewarded with both a fulfilling career, highly competitive salary and a healthy work life balance.
Across a large network of offices the firm's existing corporate/commercial team advise on all aspects of commercial law from general commercial contracts through to IP, IT and data protection.
With clients both nationally and in the Midlands, there is a huge opportunity for a Commercial Partner or Legal Director to join the new Birmingham office with a soft landing being provided with internal referrals from day one to complement the work streams they bring.
This is a key hire in Birmingham and the successful Commercial Lawyer will have:
* A strong track record of working on general commercial contracts or otherwise have a specialism in IT, IP or data protection. Experience within dental or healthcare matters would be of particular interest.
* An entrepreneurial spirit and good sense of humour.
* Contacts and a genuine enthusiasm to develop a practice (although there is a very sensible expectation in terms this and whilst some client following would be preferred (and required for a partner level appointment), more important is the ability to convincingly demonstrate a well thought out strategy to build your client base and your team).
* Experience from a well regarded regional, national or international firm.
The successful Commercial Legal Director or Partner will be rewarded with:
* A highly competitive salary and benefits package with guaranteed earnings and no requirement to buy-in to partnership (whether now or further down the line).
* The opportunity to lead and develop a team and office with the autonomy to develop the role as you choose.
* A more collaborative, client centred and ego-free environment where colleagues are encouraged to work together as opposed to compete, not only across teams but across offices. This approach ensures that client care and commitment are at the forefront of the firm's service model whilst also allowing senior lawyers at the firm to work without billing targets and where they are encouraged to have 'headroom' in their working day whether that be to develop business or provide support to junior team members.
* The opportunity to work with like minded colleagues across the firm who are experts in their respective fields.
If you're a Commercial Legal Director or Partner but feel that the traditional private practice model isn't for you and you're looking for an ambitious firm with a very viable and attractive alternative, this is a unique opportunity not to be missed.
For a highly confidential discussion about your career and this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal. Angharad can be contacted on 07469152425 or by email at email@example.com
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018