- Job Search
- Planning Solicitor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 1-5 PQE Planning Solicitor to join the Birmingham office of a large national firm working in its excellent planning practice. The role will involve providing a broad range of planning advice and assisting to obtain consents for major development projects throughout England and Wales. Working closely with a senior lawyer, this is a good opportunity for hands on training. Applications welcomed from those seeking to move from local government to private practice.
As a Planning Solicitor in this highly regarded team, your work will include a stimulating caseload of:
* Planning applications and appeals;
* Drafting and negotiating planning, and other infrastructure agreements;
* Enforcement appeals;
* Judicial review and High Court appeals;
* Listed buildings and Conservation Areas;
* Environmental issues (including environmental impact assessments).
To be successful in your application for this Planning Solicitor opportunity, you will have:
* At least one years' planning experience.
* Solid technical and drafting skills.
* A strong academic profile, ideally 2.1 at degree level.
* Team player with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* A clear interest in and enthusiasm for planning law.
The successful Planning Solicitor will be rewarded with:
* A highly competitive salary plus bonus and an attractive benefits package.
* High quality work in a supportive environment where you will gain access to the very best training and development.
* A high level of client contact.
* Agile/flexible working arrangements.
If you would like to be considered for this Planning Solicitor vacancy, apply here or for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity and other similar opportunities, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal (email@example.com)
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018