- Job Search
- Employment Partner
£80,000 - 270,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Employment Partner (or Legal Director with business case for partnership) to join a non-traditional private practice firm in Birmingham. With no fee targets or hierarchy. Quick and efficient local decision making. A culture of positivity and transparency this is a great platform for the right Employment Partner/Legal Director to take their career to the next level in Birmingham!
An opportunity has arisen for an Employment Partner to join a national firm and develop a practice in Birmingham. This is a business which is financially healthy and has seen stellar growth revenue over the past few years. The firm's strong organic growth combined with high quality and high profile acquisitions has strengthened its position in its current markets and having recently entered the Birmingham market the firm is on track to become one of the UK's leading legal and professional services businesses outside of London.
This is an opportunity which may suit an existing Employment Partner (or team) or Legal Director frustrated at their current firm or considering whether the traditional equity partnership model at their firm is the best one for them. If you have the desire to work in a different way; looking to move past the usual model of fee targets, hierarchy, titles, excessive hours, process and overhead then this could the ideal opportunity where you will be rewarded with both a fulfilling career, highly competitive salary and a healthy work life balance.
Across a large network of offices the firm's existing employment team advise on all aspects of employment law with a focus on:
* Respondent clients across a range of sectors
* Mix of complex contentious and non contentious work
* Working with big brands and top level executives
With clients both nationally and in the Midlands, there is a huge opportunity for an Employment Partner (or ideally team) to join the new Birmingham office with a soft landing being provided with internal referrals from day one to complement the work streams they bring.
This is a key hire in Birmingham and the successful Employment Partner will have:
* Extensive experience in transactional and contentious employment work.
* A strong track record of working for respondent clients at a large regional, national or international firm.
* An entrepreneurial spirit and good sense of humour.
* Contacts and a genuine enthusiasm to develop a practice although there is a very sensible expectation in terms this and whilst some client following would be preferred (and required for a partner level appointment), more important is the ability to convincingly demonstrate a well thought out strategy to build your client base and your team.
The successful Employment Partner will be rewarded with:
* A highly competitive salary and benefits package with guaranteed earnings and no requirement to buy-in to partnership (whether now or further down the line).
* The opportunity to lead and develop a team with the autonomy to develop the role as you choose.
* A more collaborative, client centred and ego-free environment where colleagues are encouraged to work together as opposed to compete, not only across teams but across offices. This approach ensures that client care and commitment are at the forefront of the firm's service model whilst also allowing senior lawyers at the firm to work without billing targets and where they are encouraged to have 'headroom' in their working day whether that be to develop business or provide support to junior team members.
* The opportunity to work with like minded colleagues across the firm who are experts in their respective fields.
If you're an Employment Partner or Legal Director but feel that the traditional private practice model isn't for you and you're looking for an ambitious firm with a very viable and attractive alternative, this is a unique opportunity not to be missed.
For further information, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal or apply here.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018