- Job Search
- Risk Lawyer
In-house Risk and Compliance Lawyer - 1-3 PQE - Birmingham
Are you a junior or mid level lawyer who looking for a move in house? We are delighted to be currently assisting a leading international law firm in Birmingham who are looking for a Risk Lawyer with c.1-3 years' post qualification experience to join their in-house risk and compliance team to provide proactive advice across the business.
This is a great opportunity for a Risk Lawyer to join a large in-house team of highly experienced risk and compliance lawyers who are responsible for ensuring compliance with the firm's professional and regulatory obligations, managing the firm's risk, claims and complaints and ensuring appropriate levels of PI cover.
As a Risk Lawyer at this business, primarily responsibilities will include:
* Drafting and reviewing a wide variety of engagement terms and reviewing outside counsel guidelines and drafting appropriate engagement terms for the firm's non-legal business entities.
* Working with a senior lawyer and reporting to the firm's International Conflicts Counsel.
* Specifically, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of engagement terms with clients, including JV arrangements and consortia arrangements with other service professionals (support will be provided by more senior colleagues in the team).
* Assisting in maintaining the firm's suite of precedents including engagement documentation and drafting new precedents eg. non-reliance letters and new engagement documentation for new offices.
* Assisting with risk training to junior lawyers and trainees.
* Taking ownership of various risk streams such as insider lists.
The successful Risk Lawyer will:
* Be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of one years' post qualification experience.
* Have gained experience in a general commercial or corporate environment, either in-house or private practice.
* Be technically excellent with strong drafting skills.
* Ideally have experience working on commercial contracts for services and equipment/procurement.
* Be a team player, personable, ambitious and conscientious.
* Have a good appreciation of risk and be able to exercise good commercial judgment.
The successful Risk Lawyer will be rewarded with:
* A market leading salary and wider benefits package.
* Access to an established agile working scheme which offers real flexibility in terms of where and how you work.
* Part-time, condensed or full time hours can be accommodated.
* A career development programme.
Or for further information about this Risk Lawyer vacancy please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018