- Job Search
- Commercial Lawyer
Commercial Associate/Senior Associate - National firm - Birmingham
A Commercial Solicitor is offered the opportunity to secure a position within the Birmingham office of a top award winning UK law firm. The position will suit a commercial solicitor who wishes to further their career with a busy and forward thinking law firm taking on additional managerial responsibility and leading a team.
* This is a senior and strategically important role to the team carrying significant managerial responsibility. You will manage and oversee work undertaken by more junior members of the team and play a key role in the formulation and execution of the team's strategy.
* Working as a Commercial Solicitor in a team that advises a broad range of clients including some of the very biggest UK and international businesses.
* This role will focus on working closely with colleagues in the corporate team, delivering high quality commercial due diligence to support the completion of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
To be successful in your application for this Commercial Solicitor position, you will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with a minimum of five years' experience whether from private practice or an in-house environment.
* Have experience in a range of commercial matters, including general commercial, IP, IT, procurement and projects and experience supporting M&A activity, assessing legal risk, reporting to corporate teams and negotiating warranties and indemnities.
* Be in possession of strong technical skills gained working in either a recognised UK law firm or in an in-house environment.
* Have a "can do" attitude and will be comfortable working in a team focussed environment.
* Have a desire to work for a friendly modern law firm that embraces agile and flexible working practices.
* Have some supervisory experience.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with:
* A competitive salary and wider benefits package.
* The chance to work for an established law firm, in a team advising blue chip clients.
* The opportunity to play an instrumental role in the growth of this team supporting and supervising junior colleagues.
Or for a confidential discussion about this Commercial Associate/Senior Associate position, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018