- Job Search
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial and Infrastructure offering in Birmingham with the addition of an experienced Commercial Solicitor. Applications will be considered from those with a minimum of two years' experience right through to those with up to about 10 years' PQE. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Commercial Solicitor within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients but with a particular focus on the public sector. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis.
As a Commercial Solicitor, based in the Birmingham office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work on some of the largest and ground breaking projects in the country. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Advising Local Government on their procurement of major infrastructure projects and service provision across England & Wales.
* Providing legal advice to councils in relation to critical decisions on their own climate change objectives.
* Helping local authorities shaping options to develop and grow their public services; bringing services back in-house; delivering new infrastructure as well as contract management for large complex outsourced contracts, such as building highways, homes, leisure facilities, energy provision and regenerating the local environment.
* Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Commercial Solicitor will:
* Be a qualified solicitor in England and Wales with at least two years' post qualification experience.
* Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the the public sector).
* Have general commercial contracts experience ideally with experience in the public sector and within procurement.
* Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
The successful Commercial Solicitor will be rewarded with a very competitive package including:
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package.
* The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
* Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this Commercial Solicitor opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren (firstname.lastname@example.org) at BCL Legal. If this opportunity isn't quite right, Angharad would welcome a chat about your career generally and to discuss other possible opportunities.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018