- Job Search
- Legal Counsel
£70,000 - 115,000
16th September 2020
In-house Legal Counsel (12 month ftc) - part-time hours - International firm - Birmingham - Highly attractive salary
A unique opportunity for an experienced commercial contracts solicitor to work in-house at an leading international law firm in Birmingham. Acting purely for the firm (no external client work) and with no chargeable hours targets, applicants from in-house backgrounds or private practice will be considered. Remote working is encouraged and the position is ideally 3 days per week.
BCL Legal is excited to be working alongside this leading international firm in its recruitment of an in-house commercial contracts solicitor. The successful senior commercial contracts solicitor should have a minimum of five years' post qualification experience either from industry or as a commercial contracts solicitor in private practice. Work will include a vast array of general commercial contracts from IT through to HR and employment.
As Legal Counsel at this firm, you would work closely with its in-house risk and compliance team and support the firm in its sourcing, contracting and management of suppliers nationwide.
The successful senior commercial contracts solicitor will be involved in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts in support of the procurement, contracting and supplier management activities undertaken by the firm.
The successful Legal Counsel will have:
· Technical excellence in contract drafting
· Ability to draft service requirements and service level agreements
· Commercial awareness and ability to make sound judgements on contracts
· An understanding of public procurement would be useful but not essential
The Job Offer
The successful Legal Counsel will be rewarded with:
* An extremely competitive salary (c. £70k for 3 days)
* A flexible working environment
* A friendly and supportive team
* A high degree of responsibility and contact with the key stakeholders across the firm
Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018