- Job Search
- In-house Commercial Lawyer
30th September 2020
This is a unique opportunity with a global law firm offering the provision of legal services to a specific client in the utilities sector.
With an office base in Birmingham and wider team in Berkshire, this role offers an opportunity for an in-house solicitor to join the team with potential for a substantial amount of home/remote working and minimal travel to the office. The successful in-house Commercial Lawyer will deal with a broad range of commercial issues for a large water provider. This is a full time permanent position, although part time hours and flexible working will be considered.
As an in-house Commercial Lawyer for this large utilities company, you will:
· Have full responsibility for your own caseload;
· Enjoy drafting, negotiating and reviewing a range of commercial agreements;
· Provide a legal presence in meetings between key decision makers;
· Work closely with key decision makers within the business to explain legal terminology and ensure regulatory compliance.
To be considered for this in-house Commercial Lawyer position in Birmingham, you will:
· Be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales with a minimum of five years' experience, and the ability to work autonomously;
· Have had good exposure to commercial contract matters and commercial issues faced by in-house legal teams;
· Be confident to work independently and able to think on your feet and act quickly but also be willing to work as part of a team;
· Have strong communication skills and superb attention to detail;
· Ideally have some experience in or knowledge of the utilities/water sector although this isn't necessary. Candidates with experience working for public authorities with demonstrable experience of public procurement would also be of particular interest.
The successful in-house Commercial Lawyer will be rewarded with:
· A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package;
· The chance to work with a highly regarded team under the umbrella of a global law firm providing in-house legal support to a specific client;
· A collaborative team culture and a focus on your personal and professional development.
To apply for this In-House Commercial Lawyer position please apply here or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for more information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018