- Job Search
- Employment Solicitor
12th October 2020
Employment Senior Associate/Legal Director (4+ PQE) - Birmingham
This leading national practice is seeking to recruit a Senior Associate or Legal Director to join its highly regarded Employment team in Birmingham. This is a growth role and a further step in the firm's wider expansion plans.
As an Employment Senior Associate / Legal Director with this highly ranked Legal 500 and Chambers rated team, you can expect to be involved in contentious and non-contentious employment issues for a wide range of commercial and healthcare (private and public) respondent clients.
This role offers a variety of high quality and interesting work which would suit someone with strong litigation experience.
Work will include:
- Employment tribunal/court litigation.
- Day to day support to HR teams; contracts, settlement agreements, remuneration strategies and policies - including diversity, maternity, paternity, harassment, disciplinary, grievance and whistle-blowing.
- Acting on executive severances/settlement agreements.
- Project work on restructurings, redundancies and TUPE.
- Advising on relationships and negotiations with trade unions and their legal representatives.
- Corporate transactional support.
The successful Employment Senior Associate / Legal Director will have:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in employment law.
- A good academic record.
- The ability to supervise juniors.
- Ideally experience of acting for clients in the health or public sectors (although this not essential as support and training can be provided).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- In-house employment experience would also be considered an advantage but not necessary.
- £50,000 - £80000 (depending on experience)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Supportive, high performing and friendly team and firm
- Continued option to work from home regularly post Covid.
If you would like to be considered for this Employment Senior Associate / Legal Director role in Birmingham, please apply now or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018