- Job Search
- Inquiries & Investigations Senior Associate
20th November 2020
Senior Associate (5+ PQE) | Inquiries and Investigations | Birmingham
A unique and interesting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate to join the Dispute Resolution/Inquiries & Investigations team of an international law firm based in Birmingham.
The role and requirements
As an Inquiries and Investigations Senior Associate in this team you will:
- Form a part of a large and dedicated Inquiries and Investigations team (split between Birmingham and Cardiff) working on some very high profile and complex inquiries and investigations
- Act as solicitors to statutory and non-statutory inquiries
- Act on behalf of core participants in public and non statutory inquiries
- Undertake internal investigations and independent reviews
- Draft / advise on terms of reference and procedural rules for inquiries and internal investigations
- Liaise with, interview and take statements from a wide range of witnesses
- Undertake evidential review and analysis
- Advise on the processes of an inquiry, to include:
o document management;
o avoiding judicial review;
o media handling;
o advising on evidence;
o powers and duties, and fair process;
o advise on matters such as privilege, freedom of information and data protection, judicial review and reputation management.
- Manage and supervise junior team members
- Assist with tenders for new work opportunities
Caseload will consist of a small number of very large matters and may include matters relating to child abuse or inquiries which have resulted in significant loss of life.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Direct experience of working on inquiries and investigations or otherwise experience of dealing with child protection disputes, inquests (article 2 'right to life' experience would be of particular interest) and catastrophic injury litigation.
- The role will suit a candidate with 4-8 years' PQE with direct or transferable experience of working on matters involving difficult subject matters.
- A strong team player who is able to hit the ground running and manage complex matters and also supervise more junior fee earners.
As an Inquiries & Investigations Senior Associate, you will be rewarded with:
- The chance to work for a highly renowned international law firm within a very successful team.
- Interesting and high profile work; matters of national significance.
- A genuine chance for progression and growth.
- Very flexible work set up. The team predominantly work from home due to the current climate but this role has the capacity for someone to work remotely a few days a week and work from the firm's central office in Birmingham once or twice a week moving
To be considered for this Inquiries & Investigations Senior Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018