- Job Search
- Public Law Senior Associate
Public Law - Senior Associate - Birmingham - 4+ PQE
Top ranked national law firm is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Public Law team in Birmingham. This Public Law Senior Associate opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience and a great work/life balance.
As a Public Law Senior Associate in this team, you would advise clients across a range of public law and litigious matters such as:
* Advising on the application of the freedom of information and data protection legislation, including advising on responding to data subject access requests and complaints to the Information Commissioner and First Tier Tribunal;
* Conducting litigation, including breach of contract, judicial review and discrimination claims;
* Advising institutions on safeguarding vulnerable groups legislation and obligations;
* Equality and diversity issues (other than employment law obligations);
* Drafting and advising on governance documents, policies and procedures;
* The international sanctions legislation;
* Non-employment immigration issues; and
* Advising on existing and new legislation.
A significant proportion of the work will be for clients in the education sector, including universities, further education colleges, academies and related educational bodies although this sector specific experience isn't essential and training will be provided.
To be successful in your application for this Public Law Senior Associate vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of four years' PQE with a strong emphasis on either or all of regulatory, public law and commercial disputes.
- The ability to build and maintain strong client relationships with a proven track record in this.
- The ability to train and mentor juniors.
- A strong academic background.
- A good teamwork ethic.
The successful Public Law Senior Associate will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting and rewarding matters for clients in the public and higher education sectors.
To be considered for this Public Law Senior Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018