- Job Search
- Commercial Senior Associate
18th November 2023
Commercial IT and Data Protection Lawyer (Senior Associate Level) - Birmingham - 4+PQE
Top ranked national law firm is seeking an experienced IT and Data Protection Lawyer to join its commercial team in Birmingham. This Senior Associate opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options considered. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As an IT and Data Protection Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Join a highly regarded national team working closely with a partner who is a renowned expert in this field.
- Be Birmingham based but undertake local, national and international IT and data protection work.
- Specifically, you could expect work to include:
· Advising on all aspects of IT and data protection transactional work including SaaS contracts, software development contracts, IT outsourcing and BPO, intra-group data sharing arrangements and data processing arrangements;
· Advising on data protection compliance projects and enquiries such as assisting with DPIAs, Article 30 registers and other UK GDPR and Data Protection Act requirements, privacy policies, PECR;
· Undertaking business development activities to help build the team's local, national and international technology law offering;
· Managing, supervising and training junior lawyers.
To be successful in your application for this IT and Data Protection Lawyer vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of four years' PQE with a strong emphasis on technology and data protection during that time whether from private practice or in-house.
- A proven track record in advising on technology and data protection matters, preferably including transactional experience.
- Good attention to detail and drafting skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Good business development and presentation skills, to help build the local and national technology law practice.
- A strong academic background.
- A good teamwork ethic and a good sense of humour.
The successful IT and Data Protection Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong support from a partner regarded as a national expert in data and technology.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Genuine progression opportunities.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of technology and data projects with a strong international flavour.
To be considered for this Commercial Technology and Data Protection Lawyer vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like