- Job Search
- Data Protection Lawyer
In-house Data Protection Solicitor
Data Protection Solicitor required to work in-house at a leading international law firm in a non-fee earning capacity. The Birmingham office of a large international firm is seeking an experienced data protection solicitor to join its risk team and help to build up a dedicated and highly specialised internal data protection team alongside other senior lawyers. This role offers a high degree of flexibility; part-time, condensed hours and remote working requests welcomed.
* Assisting with data subject rights requests, including subject access requests and ensuring such requests are dealt with in accordance with current law;
* Assisting with security incident assessments, remediation and breach notification;
* Providing DP input on client questionnaires and bids;
* Assisting with Privacy Impact Assessments and other data protection risk assessments;
* Reviewing and advising on data protection terms in supply contracts and terms of engagement with clients;
* Working with key stakeholders on DP aspects of the firm's projects and procurement, including RFPs and negotiating DP provisions with suppliers;
* Playing a key role in preparing the firm for DP issues arising from Brexit and for the new e-Privacy Regulation, reviewing and advising on the impact of these on our business;
* Developing training materials and assisting with training and supporting the firm's network of Privacy Champions;
* Maintaining the firm's Register of Processing Activities; providing appropriate advice and interpretation of the provisions of data protection law as they impact the firm's activities in general and/or specific functions across all service lines and business units;
* Researching key requirements of data protection law applicable to offices of the firm operating outside the UK and liaising with external advisors and other offices of the firm in respect of such requirements;
* Managing periodic audits of data protection compliance within the firm, of its suppliers and from clients and identifying actions necessary for remediation;
* Drafting policies and guidance and delivering other ad hoc awareness and in-depth training as necessary; and
* Responding to queries from the business on data protection; and
* Being the firm's point of contact with the Information Commissioner for administrative purposes.
* You will have at least two years' experience in data protection and privacy work (including from a mixed commercial background) whether from a private practice or in-house. No upper limit of PQE set.
* You will be able to demonstrate that you are able to work autonomously.
* You will have excellent technical skills.
* On offer is a market leading salary and comprehensive benefits package.
* You will be joining a firm that can offer quality work in a highly supportive environment.
* Flexible working patterns and agile working encouraged.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018