- Job Search
- Commercial Contracts Lawyer
A rare opportunity for an experienced commercial contracts solicitor with a minimum of seven years' PQE to work in-house at a senior level for a leading international law firm. Acting purely for the firm (no external client work) and with no chargeable hours target, applicants from in-house or private practice backgrounds will be considered. Agile working is promoted and part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
BCL Legal is excited to be working alongside this leading international firm in its recruitment of an in-house commercial contracts and procurement solicitor. The successful senior commercial contracts solicitor should have a minimum of seven years' post qualification experience either from industry or as a commercial contracts/procurement solicitor in private practice. Work will include a vast array of general commercial contracts from multi million pound IT contracts through to HR and employment.
Working closely with the firm's in-house procurement team, the commercial contracts team supports the firm in its sourcing, contracting and management of 3rd party suppliers, both in the UK and internationally.
The successful senior commercial contracts solicitor will be involved in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts in support of the procurement, contracting and supplier management activities undertaken by the firm and its wider group. You will also work as a member of a projects team which may be established for larger projects.
The successful commercial contracts solicitor will have:
· Technical excellence in contract drafting and amending and ability to apply skills to a wide range of commercial contracts for services and equipment.
· The ability to take ownership of specific projects or initiatives and providing legal support and input on a variety of compliance projects such as IR35 and AWRs.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Working knowledge of anti-bribery, data protection and IP.
· Ability to draft service requirements and service level agreements.
· Commercial awareness and ability to make sound judgements on contract issues and level of acceptable risk.
· An ability to take initiative in relation to improvements to procedures, process, documentation and templates.
There is huge scope for flexibility within this role in terms of working patterns, remote working and part-time options.
Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018