- Job Search
- Data Protection Solicitor
Data Protection Solicitor - 2-5 PQE - Birmingham
Market leading national law firm is seeking a Data Protection Solicitor to join its team in Birmingham. This Data Protection Solicitor opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible and agile working options accommodated. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As a Data Protection Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a highly regarded national team that provides information law and privacy advice. Specifically, you would work on:
· Data Protection matters
· Commercial Data Protection issues, including the drafting of commercial agreements, privacy notices and other GDPR documentation
· Advising on lawful basis
· Cross border GDPR issues
· Subject Access Requests
· Data breach advice and cyber security issues
· Information sharing
· GDPR compliance
· Compensation claims
· Freedom of Information Act 2000
· Environmental Information Regulations
· Liaising with the Information Commissioner and Information Law Tribunal matters
· Policies and Protocols in relation to the above
To be successful in your application for this Data Protection Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of two years' PQE with a strong emphasis on data and privacy during that time whether from private practice or in-house.
- Ideally, experience of all aspects of information including GDPR and the Data Protection Act, other rights of access including the Freedom of Information Act and other information governance issues.
- Although not necessary, in addition to the work types listed above, further experience of broader regulatory and compliance would be advantageous including CQC, Health and Safety, Fire Safety; Environmental; Consumer/Trading Standards; Licensing; Bribery & Corruption.
- A strong academic background.
- A good teamwork ethic.
The successful Data Protection Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support within a flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Good progression opportunities within a growing office and team.
- The opportunity to work on a broad range of data and privacy matters projects.
To be considered for this Data Protection Solicitor vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018