- Job Search
- Construction Solicitor
20th November 2023
Construction Solicitor - NQ+ PQE - National firm - Birmingham
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Construction Solicitor at the NQ level with a national firm in Birmingham. With no fee earning targets or hierarchy, quick and efficient local decision making and a culture of positivity and transparency this is a great platform for the right Construction Solicitor to progress their career!
· An opportunity has arisen for a Construction Solicitor to join a national firm and support an established construction practice in Birmingham. This is a business which is financially healthy and has seen stellar growth over the past few years. The firm's strong organic growth combined with high quality and high profile acquisitions has strengthened its position in its current markets and having recently relocated to brand new state of the art offices in Birmingham, they are ready to fulfil their ambitions of becoming the UK's leading legal and professional services business outside of London.
· This opportunity may suit a Construction Solicitor with a desire to work in a different way; looking to move past the usual model of fee targets, hierarchy, titles, excessive process and overhead. You will be rewarded with a fulfilling career, highly competitive salary and a healthy work life balance.
· Across a large network of offices the firm's construction team advise on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious construction matters. They also offer expert advice in relation to a broad range of projects whilst also managing construction disputes.
· With clients both nationally and in the Midlands, there is a huge opportunity for a Construction Solicitor to join the Birmingham team and further develop a specialism across both contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
The level of involvement and responsibility will depend on the experience of the successful applicant, however the role will include working on:
· Building contracts (in standard and bespoke form)
· Collateral warranties
· Construction finance documents
· Drafting, negotiating and advising upon construction contracts and ancillary documents
· Maintenance contracts
· Parent company guarantees
· Performance bonds
· Professional appointments
· Alternative Dispute Resolution ("ADR") mechanisms
· Claims against fulfilment
· Dispute avoidance and dispute management strategies
· Disputes on heavy infrastructure, power generation, rail and renewable energy projects, on a national and international scale
· High value technical disputes
· Manoeuvring disputes to negotiated settlement
· Representing clients in formal actions of adjudication, arbitration and court proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court
The successful Construction Solicitor will have:
· Good experience of working on high quality construction matters, whether contentious or non-contentious in nature and at least a training seat in construction.
· An entrepreneurial spirit and good sense of humour.
· Ambition and a genuine enthusiasm to contribute in an instrumental way to the future growth of the practice.
The successful Construction Solicitor will be rewarded with:
· A competitive salary and benefits package.
· A more collaborative, client centred and ego-free environment where colleagues are encouraged to work together, not only across teams but across offices. This approach ensures that client care and commitment are at the forefront of the firm's service model whilst also allowing lawyers at the firm to work without billing targets and where they are encouraged to have interests outside of work for a good work/life balance.
· The opportunity to work with like minded colleagues across the firm who are experts in their respective fields.
If you're a junior lawyer looking to specialise as a Construction Solicitor this is a unique opportunity not to be missed.
For a highly confidential discussion about your career and this Construction Solicitor opportunity, please apply now or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like