- Job Search
- Projects & Procurement Lawyer
Projects and Procurement Lawyer - 5+ PQE - Birmingham
Market leading law firm is seeking a Projects and Procurement Lawyer to join its Governance & Commercial team in Birmingham. This opportunity is offered on a full-time permanent basis and with on-going part remote working and flexible working patterns accommodated. The role also comes with excellent prospects for future progression towards Legal Director or Partnership for the right candidate.
As a Projects and Procurement Lawyer in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a highly regarded team of procurement lawyers who are recognised for undertaking major and complex projects in the local government, education and social housing sectors. These projects focus on regeneration, investment, commercialisation, and trading, all of which are important to councils, housing associations and other public agencies, driving social and economic prosperity in the areas that they serve.
- Be involved in climate change capital programmes, especially decarbonisation of public buildings, energy micro-generation and initiatives to stimulate a strong green economy and to change infrastructure to meet national and local carbon reduction targets.
To be successful in your application for this Projects and Procurement Lawyer vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of five years' PQE in projects/procurement and a strong technical skillset.
- The ability to develop and implement alternative delivery models including public-private corporate joint ventures, multi local authority collaborative procurements and DBOM.
- Some experience of subsidy control (state aid) ideally.
- Experience of funding and grant agreements.
- Experience of local government law.
- Governance experience (especially local government and combined authority, NHS/local government, regulated housing).
- Further experience in major infrastructure projects, data protection/freedom of information would also be advantageous.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- A positive and proactive outlook and a genuine passion for this area of work in these important sectors.
- An interest in playing a proactive role in business development including writing articles and delivering client training.
The successful Projects and Procurement Lawyer will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Good work/life balance.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of major and complex projects and procurement matters.
- Excellent longer term progression prospects.
To be considered for this Projects and Procurement Lawyer vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018