- Job Search
- Legal Counsel - Compliance
20th September 2021
In-House Legal Counsel - Compliance (2+ PQE) - Birmingham
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a compliance specialise to join the General Counsel team of a leading international law firm working from the firm's Birmingham office. In this non-client facing/non-fee earning role you would focus on ensuring that the firm meets all of its legal, regulatory and professional obligations. Hybrid working as standard, flexible working patterns accommodated and full and part-time applicants considered.
· Working as part of the firm's General Counsel team, you would ensure the firm's compliance to all of its legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
· Ensure that the firm operates in such a way as to minimise so far as possible the risk of claims or sanctions.
· Assist Senior Legal Counsel in the development of the firm's ongoing data protection programme including communications and presentations to the business.
· Advise the firm's General Counsel in their capacity as Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) on complex business critical regulatory and legal issues.
· Provide support, advice and assistance to partners, fee earners and the firm's support functions on all aspects of conduct and compliance.
· Support overseas offices to ensure compliance with the SRA Overseas Rules and local jurisdictional obligations.
· Review, monitor, develop and improve the firm's processes and procedures.
· Devise and implement training on business critical issues to include face to face sessions.
· Advise and support the internal audit function.
· Provide advice and support across the firm on complex conflict/confidentiality issues.
· As In-House Legal Counsel you will be a qualified lawyer with a minimum of two years' PQE, preferably with significant experience in a regulatory role either in private practice or at a regulatory authority.
· An ability to understand and interpret complex law in a variety of areas (in particular the General Data Protection Regulations).
· Strong communication skills.
· Confident and experienced in advising senior lawyers on difficult compliance issues.
· A commercial approach and a wide understanding of risk.
· To be part of a growing In-House General Counsel team within a dynamic and well organised leading international law firm.
· Excellent salary and overall benefits package.
· Highly supportive team where you will be offered all the tools to succeed in your career.
Or if you wish to have a confidential discussion about this In-House Legal Counsel/Compliance position, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018