20th September 2021
Data Protection Senior/Principal Associate - 5/7+ PQE - International firm - Birmingham
A top ranked international law firm is seeking a Data Protection Lawyer to join its national team in Birmingham. This opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with hybrid working as standard and flexible working options accommodated. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As a Data Protection Lawyer in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a top ranked commercial, IT and data protection team in Birmingham working on a broad range of data and privacy matters, from everyday compliance issues relating to employees, to complex data sharing amongst government departments and ensuring that privacy compliance is fully considered in operational processes and in the drafting of consumer-facing privacy notices.
- Specifically, you would be involved in data protection compliance, advisory and contractual issues including GDPR audits, privacy notices, data mapping, data processing agreements, data sharing agreements, international transfers, data protection impact assessments, controller/processor analyses, cookie compliance and cookie policies, marketing strategies and consents and training.
- Provide support to and collaborate with employment, pensions, corporate and other teams across the firm when they identify the need for privacy advice however the team is by no means a support function only and has its own business plan and stand alone focused clients.
- Work across many sectors including automotive, retail, financial services, pension trustee and tech as well as the public sector.
- Gain cross jurisdictional data and privacy experience.
To be successful in your application for this Data Protection Lawyer vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of five years' PQE (at the Senior Associate level) and seven years' PQE (at the Principal Associate level) with a strong emphasis on data privacy during that time whether from private practice, the public sector or in-house.
- A proven track record in advising on data and privacy matters.
- Excellent technical, drafting and negotiation skills.
- A good teamwork ethic.
- The ability to manage client relationships and to play a key role in business development initiatives.
- The ability to supervise, mentor and motivate junior lawyers.
The successful Data Protection Lawyer will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support to progress to the next stage of your career and a clear path ahead for that progression.
- Flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment and a complementary team of contentious privacy specialists who would work alongside and support you.
To be considered for this Data Protection Senior/Principal Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.