- Job Search
- Private Client - Head of Department and Solicitor roles
A regional firm is looking for 2 solicitors and a head of department to join them in their Private Client team, based in the South West.
SOLICITOR: As a solicitor in the Private Client team, you will advise clients in all areas of Private Client work, including advising on Wills, Powers of Attorney and Estate administration.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: As the head of department in the Private Client team, you will be involved in:
- Day to day management of their department including monitoring and distribution of matters
- Supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by junior members of the team
- Management of support services for the team
- Ensuring fee earners achieve their individual targets
- Maintaining orderly and up-to-date files including electronic files and complying with the company's policies on file management
- Completing time recording and other management records required by the company
- Cross-referring work and clients within the company
- Ensuring compliance with the company's policies including Lexcel compliance
- Financial control including managing the cash flow for the team through efficient billing and payment procedures
- Recognising fee-earning opportunities and developing those opportunities
- Building the business and leading the Department's marketing
- For the solicitor roles, the ideal candidates will be Solicitors or Legal Executives with at least 2 years of experience in all areas of Private Client work
- For the solicitor roles, experience of Trusts would be an advantage but not essential
- For the head of department role, the ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of leading and managing a Private Client department
- For the solicitor roles, salary will be £40,000
- For the head of department role, salary will be up to £60,000
- All roles benefit from a bonus scheme
- All roles benefit from 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
These roles are all great opportunities to join a well-performing regional firm in a busy and collegiate team. If you have the pre-requisite qualifications and are interested in the role, please send your application to me today.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like