- Job Search
- Police Litigation Solicitor
11th September 2019
Police Litigation Solicitor
Exciting opportunity to work for a national firm to work part of a team providing a comprehensive range of legal advice and representation to the Chief Constable to include, depending on experience, civil orders in the Magistrates' Court and the County Court, including ASB Injunctions, Sexual Offences Prevention Orders, Proceeds of Crime Act applications and Domestic Violence Protection Orders.
- Solicitor will be based on secondment to Guildford with the Surrey & Sussex Police on a 12 month fixed term contract
- Advise police offices from this force on a wide range of operational policing matters including lawfulness of disclosure requests received
- Attend the Family Court to represent the Chief Constable in respect of disclosure requests from the Local Authority and behalf of the Police to assist with ongoing investigations
- Solicitor with at least two years PQE you will ideally have experience in police litigation and handling matters for police forces and their authorities
- You will carry a caseload of police files under supervision which would include drafting pleadings, applications and statements
- Strong advocacy experience, role would therefore also be suitable for a Barrister / Legal Executive with equivalent experience
- Experience of advising a public body would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role with a large National Firm but to be based with the Surrey and Sussex Police, please contact Bhavisha Duggal for further details.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018