- Job Search
- Employment Solicitor
NQ+ Employment Solicitor vacancy with top 50 law firm in Birmingham. Fantastic opportunity to work for an award winning law firm as part of a highly ranked employment team based in Birmingham city centre.
This highly successful and growing employment team advise an enviable client base of commercial clients including global brands, UK PLCs, multinationals and start ups as well as clients in the health sector, sports, charities and higher education sectors on the full remit of contentious and non-contentious matters.
As a junior solicitor you will have the opportunity to work alongside highly experienced and specialist employment solicitors on a great mix of work.
You will run your own caseload of matters as well as assisting on more complex work as part of a collaborative team. The day to day work will include:
* handling a caseload of tribunal matters from start to finish including advocacy as appropriate;
* advising on disciplinary and grievance issues;
* preparing and advising on settlement agreements;
* advising on redundancies and restructures;
* providing day to day employment advice to key clients;
* drafting employment contracts, policies and grievance procedures;
* preparing and helping deliver client training and legal research; and
* providing excellent client service, acting as a key point of contact for clients ensuring that those relationships are developed and maintained.
The ideal candidate:
* Recently qualified Employment Solicitor up to 4 years PQE
* Strong academics and solid legal training
* Able to demonstrate a clear enthusiasm and passion for employment law
* Excellent time management, communication and drafting skills
* Advocacy experience is desirable but not essential
* You will be offered a very competitive salary along with a generous benefits package.
* Flexible working, excellent training and development, friendly and collegiate team.
* City centre location.
* Working with highly respected lawyers in the field, you will have the chance to learn and develop your technical skills.
If you are interested in this Employment Solicitor role, please contact Chloe Matthews at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018