- Job Search
- Employment Professional Support Lawyer
Employment Professional Support Lawyer
Great role for an experienced Employment Professional Support Lawyer ("PSL") looking for a part-time role in Birmingham.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Employment PSL to join the established knowledge management team of an award winning UK regional law firm.
Based in the Birmingham office, but working as part of a the wider knowledge manage team, this is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside fellow knowledge management colleagues to support the employment practice group and help deliver the firm's knowledge management strategy.
This is a part-time role (3 days) and also offers flexible working.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Drafting, reviewing, maintaining and updating precedents, practice notes, checklists, toolkits, clause banks and other know-how documents for the employment practice group
* Facilitating the collection of useful know-how from the employment fee-earners across the firm, reviewing this and making it available for sharing around the group
* Working with the Director of Knowledge Management and the wider team to develop and maintain a comprehensive, accessible firm wide knowledge management system
* Working alongside the Library and Information Services team to identify external knowledge resources required by the employment group
* Developing and delivering legal training as required
* Facilitating and leading know-how meetings and project debriefs, to ensure that key knowledge areas, new developments and the practical knowledge and experience of the group's fee-earners are shared
* Assisting fee-earners with technical queries and helping them use the firm's knowledge resources to carry out their own research
* Assisting with knowledge related business development and client pitches.
This role would suit an experienced employment professional support lawyer with at least 6 yrs PQE in employment law, excellent technical skills and academics.
The ideal candidate will have established their career in a fee earning role and gained exposure to a good mix of contentious and non-contentious work for respondent clients.
They will also have previous experience of working in a PSL role and a proven track record of implementing projects and/or client specific products would be well received.
The ideal candidate will be highly personable, pro-active, organised, confident and strategic.
They will have gained experience at a highly regarded national, regional or City practice and be able to engage effectively with a diverse client base.
The candidate should be a robust individual and will have a high degree of self-awareness. Not only will they have strong communication skills but be able to influence at all levels.
What's on offer?
The firm offers a competitive Birmingham salary and also offer a fully comprehensive benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018