- Job Search
- Construction PSL
Construction Professional Support Lawyer - 5+ PQE - leading national firm - FULLY REMOTE
An exciting opportunity for an existing PSL or otherwise a construction lawyer with a minimum of five years' fee earning experience, looking to move into a PSL role. Competitive salary and this role could be FULLY REMOTE, part-time applicants also welcome to apply.
This is a rare opportunity to move into a professional support role with a leading national firm. There are an increasing number of qualified senior lawyers opting to take this career path, particularly since the remit of PSL roles has evolved to become increasingly multi-faceted and strategic.
The obvious benefit is the lifestyle piece; the hours are more predictable than fee-earning, as the work is less client-led. There is also no requirement to time record or work to fee earning or hours based targets. If you are someone who enjoys research and black letter law then this would offer the opportunity to enjoy the analysis of law without the pressure of client demands. It is also well suited to anyone who enjoys mentoring fee earners and assisting with business development.
The successful Construction PSL will undertake a highly varied role to include:
· The organisation of know-how materials, adding to and maintaining precedent banks to include reviewing and updating existing materials.
· Publishing know-how materials on intranet.
· Horizon scanning and keep abreast of new legislation.
· Compiling case reports and sharing with the team.
· Supporting fee earning with technical queries.
· Organising, preparing and delivering construction training courses
· Attending networking meetings
· Publishing relevant materials on legal updates and news on the firm's website.
The successful Construction PSL will:
· Be a construction lawyer with significant transactional experience and a minimum of five years' PQE.
· Be commercially focused able to think strategically.
· Enjoy legal research and black letter law.
· Have excellent drafting and technical skills.
· Enjoy training, mentoring and business development.
· Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
· A competitive salary and bonus plus a comprehensive benefits package.
· The opportunity to work in a friendly, close-knit, dynamic and focused national PSL team.
· Flexible working options -this role could be FULLY REMOTE
Or for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Charlotte Newton at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like