- Job Search
- Shipping Associate
Shipping associate- Liverpool City Centre
This is an opportunity for a litigation solicitor to join an award-winning, international law firm in their successful shipping team in Liverpool City Centre.
· You will be picking up a caseload which will include major recovery actions, vessel arrests, bill of landing disputes, advising lenders on recovery & sales of vessels , public inquests following fatality , advising on ship purchase and sale, reviewing standard T & C's.
· Working in a Legal 500 ranked team
· The team deals with both commercial and contentious matters including ship arrest, contractual disputes, cargo claims, personal injury, ship sale and purchase and advising on terms and conditions.
· You will be working with a wide range of clients in the shipping sector
· Opportunity for a solicitor to join an award winning, international firm described by clients as "excellent, highly organised" and "really proactive"
· Opportunity to be part of an experienced team
· Excellent training
· Varied workload
· Impressive client base
· Competitive salary and benefits
· Genuine progression opportunities
· Solicitor with experience in commercial litigation and a genuine interest in shipping
· Maritime experience- desirable
· Good academic record
· Good communication skills- able to build relationships with colleagues and clients
· Ability to work autonomously and also within a wider team
· Self motivated
· Attention to detail
· Desire to business develop
An excellent and rare opportunity for a shipping associate or a commercial litigation solicitor with an interest in shipping to join an international practice in Liverpool City Centre.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018