- Job Search
- Legal Costs Negotiator
A exciting opportunity for an experienced costs negotiator to join a well established law firm based in Manchester.
The costs department is a recognised market leader in third party costs legal cost negotiation.
The role will involve handling a variety of claims for costs covering a mixture of personal injury claims including motor, casualty and catastrophic injury. The team deal with costs ranging from fixed fees in MoJ portal cases right through to £multi-million large loss cases for insurers, self-insured and other organisations.
- Duties will include costs budgeting, reviewing client files, drafting points of dispute and replies, negotiating costs and day to day management of a varied caseload.
- To run and manage a caseload of 100-150 costs files including drafting and negotiating budgets and preparation/consideration of associated documents, drafting and consideration of bills including e-bills and summary of costs statements, drafting of points of dispute and general costs negotiations, advising clients.
- To ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors' Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards.
- To attend court on costs hearings.
- To assist partners and senior fee earners with complex cases.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years' experience of costs negotiation dealing with costs recovery and / or adverse costs.
- Be proficient in handling a full lifecycle of costs matters.
- Have well-developed negotiation skills.
- Be experienced and proficient in the use of case management systems.
- Demonstrate strong IT skills, experience in using specialist costs software packages
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018