- Job Search
- Costs Draftsperson/Lawyer
Excellent opportunity for a Costs Draftsperson/Lawyer to join a leading legal 500 listed department in the heart of Manchester city centre. The firm are looking for a part time costs lawyer on the basis of a 25-30 hour week on an initial 18 month FTC with the view to possibly going permanent.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of detailed costs budgets in accordance with court directions and timetable;
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs, schedules for agreement, estimates of costs, statements of costs for summary assessment and Legal Aid Agency claim forms relating to Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims;
- Drafting Replies to Points of Dispute and entering into costs negotiations;
- Lodging/submitting bills and claims for assessment by the courts or Legal Aid Agency as appropriate;
- Attending and undertaking advocacy, where appropriate, at detailed assessment and costs management hearings.
Strong candidates will have experience of:
- Previous experience in a legal costs role;
- Knowledge of costs law and practice;
- Knowledge of the Legal Aid Agency Costs Regulations;
- Ability to understand and formulate legal argument.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018